Get ‘Warped’ at Pomona’s Fairplex this Friday

For most people summer means the end of another school year and a couple of months filled with days at the beach. For music fans, summer means the return of the fun-filled music event Van’s Warped Tour.
This year’s Warped Tour makes a stop at the Pomona Fairplex this Friday, bringing a mix of genres but never straying from their punk rock roots. With over fifty bands performing, a few of the main acts include The Used, Anti Flag, Bring Me the Horizon, and Streetlight Manifesto. Besides major names, Warped Tour is known for showcasing new and upcoming bands that have earned a spot on smaller stages in hopes of gaining greater exposure.
With the event starting in the late morning and ending in the evening, filtered-water refilling stations, shade areas and misting stations are provided. Attendees are strongly encouraged to keep hydrated, as vendors will be walking throughout the event with water. Adding more fun to the event, a Slip n’ Slide will be found throughout the festival for those that need a little more than drinking water to keep them going.
One of the perks of this music festival is the chance of interacting with bands. Some bands do meet and greets at their tents, while some band members can be found enjoying other performances alongside fans. It’s a festival that breaks down the barriers between fan and performer, allowing the two to mix and create a huge party.
While the main attraction of Warped Tour is the eclectic mix of bands, it’s also filled with non-profit tents like Keep A Breast, Action for Animals and To Write Love On Her Arms. Fans are encouraged to get involved and have the chance to get free stuff from a majority of the tents within the festival.
Before heading to the show, check out the Van’s Warped Tour website to download 34 free songs and get an early preview of what the bands are playing on this tour. For those with Twitter and Facebook accounts, keep tabs on the Van’s Warped Tour page for secret code words to get free merchandise. Get in line early, as only the first 200 people with the code words are eligible.
Tickets are still available for the show in Pomona on Friday as well as that in Ventura, June 24, and in Chula Vista, June 27. To purchase tickets, go to vanswarpedtour.com or participating Vans Shoe stores.