That’s My Boy’ has a few laughs but is mostly stupid

Casting two Saturday Night Live alums in a movie would lead audiences to believe the film may have some promise, but when one of those alum’s previous films includes “Jack and Jill” and “You Don’t Mess with the Zohan,” this should be cause for concern.
“That’s My Boy” is Adam Sandler’s latest middle finger to his fans. Sandler plays grown-up child star Donny Berger, who was made famous by getting his hot middle-school teacher pregnant in his adolescence.
Years later, Donny’s money from his memoir “Head in the Class” has dried up, and he must come up with $43,000 to pay off taxes or he will have to face jail time.
Donny comes to an agreement with a reality show host to pay off his debt. He must reunite his estranged son Han Solo Berger (Andy Samberg) with his mother who is still in prison.
Even though he can’t leave home without spare underwear, Samberg’s character has been successful since ditching his dad.
Todd has become a hedge-fund manager about to marry his dream woman Jamie (Leighton Meester). They are planning to be married at Samberg’s boss’s (Tony Orlando) lavish seaside mansion.
Donny gets wind of his son’s marriage in a magazine and after consulting with his stripper friend Champale, he decides he needs to reunite with his son.
The film turns out to be a lot raunchier than it has been advertised. With plenty of running gags about sex and drugs, and a disgusting – yet obvious – twist ending, this movie is Sandler’s raunchiest yet.
However, even with the low expectations, the repetitive “WAASSUUPP” jokes and Sandler’s baby-like accent, the film manages to occasionally make you laugh.
The grandma character in the film played by Peggy Stewart is hilarious, and she is not afraid to be the butt of the film’s raunchiest jokes.
The movie also brings back the once-famous white rapper Vanilla Ice. He portrays himself in the film, but in this world he happens to be the best friend of Donny.
All in all, “That’s My Boy” will gross out many but might make the audience laugh if they’ve lowered their expectations dramatically.
It seems like Sandler films will never return to the glory days of “Happy Gilmore” or “Billy Madison.” Those movies were funny because Sandler’s comedic style was new and fresh. Now it’s just old, stale and annoying.