Alternative places to eat, drink and hang out in Long Beach

When trying to find something to do in Long Beach, people often forget to look outside the box. There are many fun and somewhat unknown places in Long Beach to eat, laugh and hang out. Here are a few places to check out.
Taqueria La Mexicana: Tacos can be found just about anywhere, but locals regularly come to this taqueria for the delicious California Burrito. The wrap features carne asada, french fries, beans and cheese. They also have delicious tortas and nachos.
MVP’s Grill & Patio: This hole-in-the-wall sports-themed restaurant is located near residential streets and is popular for its burgers and fries. Their burgers are named after famous athletes like Oscar De La Jolla and Pete Rose. They only accept cash, so make sure to visit an ATM before going.
Zephyers: When in the mood for veggie food, Zephyers is the place to go. Try their vegan chocolate-flavored cookies and cream cupcakes.
Portfolios: Check out this quaint coffee shop for their affordable drinks. Coffee and tea is only about $2. There are chairs and sofas for mingling inside or studying.
The Art Theater: This indie theater located on 4th and Cherry Street hosts various films and events. Instead of wasting $10+ at the Long Beach Towne Center theater, wait a few days and watch it at the Art Theater for only $6. The theater also shows The Rocky Horror Picture Show every Saturday at midnight with the award-winning cast, Midnight Insanity.
United Artists Marketplace 6 Theatre: Located on PCH, this is another theater where you can catch indie films being marketed. The crowd is usually older, the lines aren’t ever long and the staff is friendly.
The Feed Store: If vintage is your style and Buffalo Exchange is out of your price range, check out The Feed Store on 4th Street. Its boutique is retro-inspired, and it carries women’s clothing along with chic accessories.