Get Bowled 2016

Super Bowl Sunday: one of the few times (apart from the holidays) that it is acceptable, and almost required, to stuff our faces with glorious amounts of calories while channeling our inner jock, wearing football jerseys and yelling at the oh-so nerve-enticing TV screen.

Sure, Super Bowl Sunday can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own couch, but if you wish to enjoy the big game day with other football fans who are just as pumped up as you are, tackle some of Long Beach’s local bar hot spots.

Gallaghers Pub & Grill

2571 East Broadway

There’s nothing better to pair a burger with than a nice cold beer. Visit Gallagher’s to satisfy your taste buds with their $6 Irish whiskey BBQ burger, along with a $3 domestic beer pint to wash it all down. But beware of the first come, first serve basis; the best seats in the house will be the first to go.

Shannon’s Bayshore

209 Pine Ave.

With 14 high definition TVs and a massive 10-foot projection screen, getting a good view of the game will surely be no struggle. $15 will get you reserved seating, making bathroom breaks possible without losing your precious viewing spot.

Riley’s Pub and Grill

5331 E. Second St.

If you’re looking to apply no limit to your quench of thirst or hunger, Riley’s will be your best bet with their $60 all you can eat and drink offer. You can decide to stick with the traditional pizza and beer, or if you’re feeling a little fancy you can unwind with a glass of wine and salad from 2 p.m. till the end of the game, that is.

Pike Restaurant and Bar

1836 E. Fourth St.

Take the party on down to Retro Row and visit the Pike for their Super Bowl party. With no cover charge, your wallet will be sure to thank you. Serving nachos and hot dogs, amongst other goodies, visitors will also have the chance to win prizes at half-time.