Blotter: Honda Civic stolen from Parking Structure 1

A white 1994 Honda Civic was stolen from the second level of Parking Structure 1 while the owner was in class around noon on Monday, according University Police Captain Scott Brown. The vehicle was recovered in Compton the following day at 2 a.m., Brown said. The car was then released to the owner, Brown said.

Boyfriend grabs girlfriend by the throat

Cameron Baily, 18, was arrested by University Police at noon on Thursday for allegedly choking his girlfriend by the Disabled Student Services area near Brotman Hall, Brown said. A staff member interrupted the male, who then ran off, Brown said. University Police spotted the suspect on campus and arrested him for domestic violence, Brown said.

Disoriented elderly woman gets lost on campus

A 63-year-old woman suffering from Alzheimer’s disease was spotted in the Starbucks in the University Library at noon on Saturday, Brown said. The woman was found disoriented and didn’t know where she was, Brown said. University Police were able to contact family members who picked up the woman, Brown said.

Student’s Mac laptop stolen from the University Library

A female student’s Mac laptop and case were stolen from the University Library Tuesday night, Brown said. According to Brown, the student left the laptop unattended from 2 to 5:30 p.m; when the student returned, the laptop was gone. The laptop and case are worth $1,500, Brown said.

Marijuana complaint from Beachside College

University Police were contacted by a residential assistant at Beachside College at 11:20 p.m. on Sunday complaining about a marijuana smell, Brown said. Campus police contacted the students, and no charges were filed, Brown said.