A suspicious person, stolen vehicle and more hit-and-runs

Suspicious Person
An individual was walking along Beach Drive and yelling to himself Sept. 10. The University Police Department received a call that said the individual  tried to deface property. UPD officers were able to reach the suspicious person, but there was no proof of an attempt of defaced property. The individual was not a Long Beach State student, so they were escorted off the campus.

Hit-and-Runs

A CSULB student was riding their bike along Merriam Way, near Atherton Street when they were struck by a blue vehicle around 6:50 p.m. on Sept. 9. \ The student used one of the blue emergency phones on campus to report the incident to UPD. The student had minor scrapes, but no major injuries. The student refused any further assistance. The make and model of the blue vehicle was not identified.

In a different incident, red paint and scratches were reported along the passenger side of a student’s vehicle, Sept. 10. The car was parked inside of the pyramid parking structure at the time of the incident. There were no witnesses at the scene.

Stolen Vehicle

A 1991 Honda Civic was reported stolen from parking lot G13 on Sept. 9. The owner of the vehicle reported the car stolen around 9:30 p.m. The student was on campus for about four hours before they returned to the parking lot and noticed that their car was gone. There are currently no leads and the incident is still under investigation.

Stalking

A female student walked into the UPD office to inform officers that she felt she was being stalked by an ex-boyfriend, Sept. 9. The officer she spoke to determined her story didn’t meet the criminal criteria for stalking. The student was given Title IX information for future reference, according to UPD Capt. John Brockie.

they need to install cameras in the parking lots