Soccer, Sports

Award-filled week continues for Link

The honors keep rolling in for the Long Beach State women’s soccer team.

Sophomore forward Nadia Link, who already picked up a Big West Conference Player of the Week honor on Monday, was recognized by two more organizations on Tuesday.

CollegeSoccer360.com named the Rowland Heights native its primetime player of the week, an award handed out to the week’s top player in Division I women’s soccer.

The award is part of a larger pool of 16 players named to the website’s primetime performers of the week list.

Link scored four goals in the 49ers’ three wins this season, which all came on the road between Aug. 23-29.

The website has a list of criteria that it uses when determining the primetime player of the week, which takes aspects such as “clutch performances” and opponent’s ranking into consideration when making its decision.

TopDrawerSoccer.com also recognized Link on Tuesday when she was named to its team of the week. Link is the only Big West player to make the 11-player squad.

49ers goalkeeper Emily Kingsborough was selected as the Big West Defensive Player of the Week on Monday.

The Beach will host Utah State on Friday at 4:30 p.m. before taking on Sacramento State at 1 p.m. on Sunday at George Allen Field.