CSULB student voted off ‘Think You Dance’

Cal State Long Beach dance student Clarice Ordaz was voted off of Fox’s reality competition “So You Think You Can Dance” last Thursday during the Top 10 elimination round.

Nineteen-year-old Ordaz survived six weeks on the show and will tour the country with the Top 10 contestants in November, visiting Los Angeles on Oct. 29. 

Jess LeProtto was her partner for the first five weeks, before the partners were separated and paired with past “So You Think You Can Dance” all-stars. The couple had only been in the bottom once. 

Ordaz was paired with all-star Robert Roldan for a Bollywood routine choreographed by Nakul Dev Mahajan last Wednesday. Other notable routines with LeProtto include a saucy broadway routine by Tyce Diorio, an emotional contemporary piece by Stacey Tookey and a lyrical hip hop routine by Chris Scott.

“I want the world to see that my heart’s really set on dancing, performing – just doing what I love,” Ordaz said during a montage highlighting her best moments on the show. “I would like to be remembered for really capturing the audience and the world.”

When host Cat Deeley asked what her favorite part of being on the show was, Ordaz pointed to her fellow dancers and said, “Those people right there. I’m so happy to have met all of you. Thank you for accepting me for me, and I love you guys so much. I’m going to miss you.”