Student harassed in rec center pool

While swimming in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center pool last Tuesday at 6 p.m., a woman was inappropriately touched on her leg by another man, according to University Police Capt. Scott Brown. She did not know who the man was and talked to the recreation center staff, who then instructed her to contact the police.

Noise complaints disturb the peace

Brown said neighbors of the Delta Zeta sorority house contacted the police due to loud noise coming from the house at 10 a.m. last Sunday. The police arrived at the scene and instructed the house to lower the noise level.

The police were contacted after a couple was spotted fighting in Parking Lot 8 on campus at 8:30 a.m. last Monday, according to Brown. The two were in a verbal argument when the police advised them to stop.

Vehicles parked on campus receive damage, parts missing

The convertible top of a gold Ford Mustang was slashed when parked in the Foundation Lot, Brown said. The car owner returned to their vehicle at 9 a.m. last Tuesday, found the damage and immediately contacted the police.

According to Brown, a student contacted University Police after discovering her wallet was missing from her car in Parking Structure 2 last Wednesday evening. She reported locking the doors of her 1996 Honda Civic and leaving her wallet out of sight.

Hubcaps were taken off of a vehicle parked in Parking Structure 1 near the elevator, according to Brown. The person returned to their car in the afternoon last Wednesday to find the hubcaps missing.

A student’s gray Scion was missing its side mirrors and center caps from the rims after parking in Parking Structure 1 last Monday. Brown said the student returned to their car in the afternoon to find their car tampered with.

Thefts continue on campus for students, professors

A student’s black and red Giant road bike was stolen from a bike rack located at Parkside Commons, according to Brown. The bike was locked with a cable lock and found missing last Wednesday night. It is valued at $400.

According to Brown, there have also been several items reported missing on campus, including a stolen cell phone from the Student Recreation and Wellness Center last Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. and a professor’s university-issued HP laptop stolen from the Faculty Office 2 building last Tuesday around 4 p.m.