Honda Civic stolen from campus

A student reported his 1994 red Honda Civic stolen from Parking Structure 1, the structure closest to the Walter Pyramid, between the times of 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Feb. 13, University Police Capt. Scott Brown said.

The vehicle was parked on the ramp between level one and two. Currently, there are no suspects, Brown said.

Beach Cart break-in

An unknown amount of inventory was stolen from the 49er Shops’ Beach Cart located near the College of Business Administration building on Feb. 12, Brown said.

The Beach Cart was locked up for the weekend, but the suspect was able to bypass the locks. The cart was found with its doors open and items, including ice cream, missing. A final count of inventory will be done to find exactly what was missing, Brown said.

Car race in parking structure

Five Cal State Long Beach students were found racing vehicles in Parking Structure 1 around 10 p.m. on Feb. 11, Brown said.

Although no one was injured, the participants were warned and advised to leave the campus once University Police arrived on scene. 

Scuffle during basketball game 

A man reported an assault during a student basketball game at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center on Feb. 15 at 4:40 p.m., Brown said.

University Police were able to review the videos and noted that it was just a case of a basketball game that became too aggressive. The issue was resolved by the SRWC, instead of by the University Police, Brown said. 

Purse stolen from Brotman Hall

A CSULB employee reported her purse stolen from her office in Brotman Hall between the times of 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Feb. 15, Brown said. 

The employee stepped out and returned to her office to find her purse missing from her desk. The total estimated loss is unknown, Brown said.

Wallets and other items stolen

A student reported his wallet stolen from his backpack in the Fine Arts 3 building on Feb. 10, Brown said.

The class stepped out for a few minutes and the student returned to find his wallet missing. The value of the stolen property is unknown, Brown said. 

A student also reported her wallet, cell phone, and car keys taken from her backpack in the main floor of the University Library.