Editor’s Note

In this issue, we’re exploring multiple resources on campus, highlighting a few leaders at Long Beach State and recapping the recent tuition protest. We also have multiple opinion pieces on current events and sports stories highlighting LBSU Athletics.

With a heavy focus on news and campus resources, this edition of the Daily Forty-Niner aims to keep students and faculty informed on all things CSULB. From stories about new coaches welcomed at CSULB, to President Jane Close Conoley’s decade-long career on campus and recent citations and more, this issue has something for everyone.

This issue features multiple long-form news pieces. It is our hope that students and faculty will be more informed on campus occurrences after reading our content. It has always been a goal of the Daily Forty-Niner team to keep our readers up-to-date on CSULB, as this is an ever-changing campus and there is always something new to learn.

Please enjoy this edition of the Daily Forty-Niner! Students interested in pitching stories, contributing opinion pieces or submitting CSULB relevant news tips can email me directly at [email protected] so we can further discuss ideas.

For daily news content, visit our website, subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @daily49er.