Beyoncé’s Renaissance World Tour is a show like no other

Beyoncé sparkled in front of thousands that attended her sold-out show at SoFi Stadium on Sept. 4.

Fans buzzed with excitement on social media platforms as her most anticipated show arrived, the concert that celebrated her turning 42. Among the fans, many A-list celebrities joined in on the festivities. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Zendaya and Justin Bieber were spotted amongst the crowd.

Glimmers of silver and chrome could be seen as fans flocked to the stadium. The dress code was “fabulous silver fashion,” as requested by the singer herself in celebration of Virgo season.

Fans could be seen sporting disco cowboy hats and silver attire to celebrate Virgo season, per Beyoncé's request.
09/04/2023 - Inglewood, Cali: Fans could be seen sporting disco cowboy hats and silver attire to celebrate Virgo season, per Beyoncé's request. Photo credit: Salyssa Duran

When the lights dimmed and the music began, it became clear why the singer garnered the nickname “Queen Bey.”

The stage set was futuristic, and when fans looked up, they saw a mixture of alien and disco-like visuals that flickered on the screen. Lights flashed across the stadium, following along to the rhythm of the songs.

Robot arms and a chrome horse were some of the unique stage props that reflected the theme.

For backup dancers, Beyonce recruited the Les Twins and Honey Balenciaga, to name a few. The Les Twins have won many international awards and are known for their impeccable skills that expand through multiple genres of dance. Honey Balenciaga, an LGBTQIA+ breakout ballroom dancer, is also well-known and has been seen in major television and fashion campaigns for brands such as Nike.

Beyoncé stood at the center of the stage and sported beautiful, bedazzled and custom-made looks from designers like Gucci and Alexander McQueen.

The highlight of the show, however, were the vocals that echoed throughout the stadium and moved fans to tears.

The tour mainly featured tracks from her newest album, “Renaissance.” Inspiration for the album came from black ballroom and club culture. As a result, ballroom culture and the celebration of LGBTQIA+ influence highlighted the vibe of the show.

I’m thankful to provide a safe space for all of you. I’m thankful for music and the ability to heal myself through music which then heals all of you I’m thankful that we all have the ability to make lemonade out of our lemons. I’m thankful for all of you that have been with me since 1997 I love y’all,” said Beyoncé.

Special guests Diana Ross and Kendrick Lamar made an appearance for the birthday celebration and caused the stadium to go into a frenzy.

Iconic singer, Diana Ross, encouraged fans to sing along with her as she sang “Happy Birthday” to Beyoncé.

LED signs shined bright in celebration of Beyoncé's birthday and the achievement of three sold out shows in Inglewood.
09/04/2023 - Inglewood, Cali: LED signs shined bright and greeted concert goers around Sofi Stadium. Each sign celebrated the singer's birthday along with the achievement of three sold out shows. Photo credit: Salyssa Duran

The tour is now the highest grossing tour by a female artist and it is estimated to make $2 billion dollars by the final show in October, according to Forbes. There is no denying why the Renaissance World Tour has been so successful. It is a love letter to ball culture, a safe space for the LGBTQIA+ and a celebration of woman empowerment.