Blog

‘Death As We Know It’: A new comedy series

“Check out my new web series!” is a phrase that we all here now more often than ever, especially on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. But do most of us actually watch these online series?

According to a recent study done by Blip and Dynamic Logic, we do. Cable television has seen a drop of 9 percent of its viewers in the last six months. Online video viewers are up 26 percent.

Three students from Cal State Long Beach have taken advantage of this increasing statistic.

Daniel Eachus, Diego Parada and Tyson Pestner began writing what would eventually become a 12-episode online series called “Death As We Know It” last spring.

More than 50 actors from Los Angeles showed up to auditions in hopes of scoring a role in the series, but only a handful were cast.

After months of pre-production and signing with Orange County-based production company Unsinkable Productions, the series began filming in February. A video came out in January featuring all three writers to help get donations to fund the extensive project.

An IndieGoGo page has been setup to do just that. Donations are essential to keeping the project alive, and every bit is appreciated.

For more information on the series check out our Facebook page and promo video here. Be sure to watch out for “Death As We Know It in May.