Blog

Go pink and green for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that October is all things pink month, otherwise known as the month for breast cancer awareness. What better way to kill two birds with one stone than to give your two cents to a good cause, while staying aunaturel with these chemical free beauty products.

Jane Iredale Cherish Lip Fixation

Jane Iredale celebrates its fifth year in partnership with Living Beyond Breast Cancer this month. With a purchase of Cherish Lip Fixation, you can join in on the celebration, too.  Living Beyond Breast Cancer receives 100 percent of profits from the sales. While looking cheerful and supple wearing this shimmering lip stain, you’ll be helping empower women affected by breast cancer. Cherish comes with a tiny, gluten-and-cruelty-free pink pouch made with 80 percent recycled material. ($30, www.janeiredale.com)

Tweezerman 2012 Precision in Pink BCA Slant Tweezer

Now you can join Tweezerman in supporting breast cancer awareness by purchasing this pink Swarovski crystal-detailed, cult favorite Slant Tweezer. This sparkly tweezer, adorned with the BCA Pink Ribbon, will tame your brows to perfection, while looking super cute in your hands. ($22, www.tweezerman.com)

EOS Limited Edition Strawberry Sorbet Smooth Sphere Berry Blossom Hand Lotion Set

What better way to purchase beauty products and benefit breast cancer research than with this 97 percent natural hand lotion, and USDA certified organic and 100 percent natural lip balm! These are handbag staples that no woman on the go should be without. You’ll feel as good as your hydrated hands, knowing that you supported women in need. ($5.99, www.store.evolutionofsmooth.com)

Sephora Breast Cancer Awareness Manicure Set

If you like to do-it-yourself when it comes to manicures, then get your hands on this cute pink case filled with all your manicure needs: cuticle pusher, nail cleaner, cuticle nipper, slanted tweezers and precision scissors. This little set is travel-friendly and easy to use. It’s a perfect gift for your mother, sister and any other woman in your life. Besides, she will thank you for supporting breast cancer awareness. ($20, www.sephora.com)

Acure Argan Oil

It’s made with 100 percent organic argan oil that helps (get ready for it) fight lines, repair imperfections, minimize scars and stretch marks, restore texture, elasticity and tone and reduce inflammation. While you soak in this liquid gold rich in Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and proteins, $1.00 will be donated to Bright Pink and 5 percent will go towards giving free mammograms to at-risk women. You’ll be saving your face and contributing to a good cause. Not too shabby! ($14.99, www.acureorganics.com)

Aveda Pink Ribbon Hand Relief

This luxurious hand cream doesn’t just soothe and hydrate chapped hands. It also gives back to a cause, donating $4 from its sales to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. It’s also packed with plant emollients, humectants, exfoliating fruit acids and anti-oxidants Vitamins A and E that will eliminate signs of aging. If licorice, also known as sweet wood, is your thing, then that’s another reason to try this lotion. ($21, www.aveda.com)

Ahava Dead Sea Salt Mineral Bath Salt, Hope Blossoms

Made with 100 percent natural Dead Sea salts, this sea in a bottle includes 21 Dead Sea minerals from magnesium, to calcium in order to fight stress and leave your skin soft as cotton candy and scented with white florals. Ahava has teamed up with National Breast Cancer Foundation to support the search for a cure. ($22, ahavaus.com)

Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Awareness Gift Set

There’s no better way to remind yourself to get a monthly breast exam than with a light or dark Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Awareness Rubber Ducky placed on the bathtub. The set also includes 4 oz. Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Awareness Glycerin Soap in almond vanilla berry scent and 4 oz. shea butter whipped body cream, that’s also available in almond, cranberry almond, raspberry and vanilla. ($19, www.naturalbeautysoaps.net