CSULB gives up space to ‘Alvin and the Chipmunks’

Students will be unable to park in Parking Lot 11A from now until March 25.

According to Mark Rudometkin, associate director of Cal State Long Beach Parking and Transportation Services, the cast and crew of “Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Squeekquel” has reserved the parking lot.

The movie is being filmed entirely at Wilson High School.

“With the number of empty spaces we have had each day this semester with the opening of PS3, we were able to provide these spaces for the next three weeks in order for this filming to take place within the city of Long Beach,” Rudometkin said in an e-mail. “We did this in cooperation with the city and fulfilling our obligation in being supportive of the city and community whenever possible.”

New Regency Enterprises is filming and providing its own shuttle transportation for cast and crew to Wilson High School, according to Rudometkin.

Parking and Transportation Services has been asked by New Regency Enterprises to provide 250 spaces.

So far, the closing off of parking spaces has not affected student parking. Brandon Kos, a junior electrical engineering major, said he didn’t think parking would be affected by the closing of a small lot.

“Who cares? It’s just a small lot,” Kos said. “Some people might just have to park in the parking structure.”

Martina Morales, an undeclared freshman, said the parking lot change was pretty clear when she parked in the morning at 8:30 a.m.

“Today [parking] was pretty easy,” Morales said. “The whole back section of the lot by the pyramid had lots of spaces.”

Jerick Ngo, a junior industrial design major, said despite the closing of lot 11A, there’s still plenty of parking spaces.

“I haven’t had any problems,” Ngo said. “There’s always a space available, so I haven’t had trouble.”

If it’s being filmed at Wilson, why are they parking here? We’re not really that close….

Your name

Will the city reciprocate and pay for the new soccer stadium? Hardly.