Student booked for battery

University Police arrested a Cal State Long Beach student on April 14 after he allegedly touched a female student’s breast.

University Police Captain Fernando Solorzano said they received a call at 7 p.m. from a shuttle bus stop in Parking Lot 14B about a battery.

Once at the scene, University Police contacted the female student, who told them the male student — Avadhut Dipakrao Chaudhari — touched her inappropriately on a shuttle bus.

It is alleged that Chaudhari sat next to the female student on the shuttle bus when the incident occurred, Solorzano said. Once the bus stopped in lot 14B, the female student reportedly walked out and was followed by Chaudhari.

The female student identified Chaudhari to University Police after he had walked away, according to Solorzano. Chaudhari was booked at the Long Beach city jail, and is now awaiting his arraignment day. He was also judicially cited.

“So he’ll go through the judicial process through the university as well,” Solorzano said.

Disclaimer: The Daily 49er is not responsible for comments made on www.daily49er.wpengine.com. Persons commenting are solely responsible for comments made on this Web site. The Daily 49er strongly advises individuals to not abuse their First Amendment rights, and to avoid language suggestive of hate speech.