Campus police blotter

Items reportedly stolen from Indian burial site
deer antlers were stolen from the Puvunga Indian burial site at Acre 22 near Parking Lot 20, University Police said. Rocks positioned for the site were also knocked out of place on June 14 at 2:06 p.m. The cross was valued at $300 and the antlers were valued at $200. The reporting party provided the cost for each item.

Reported indecent exposure on bus, driving on West Campus Drive
A nonstudent reportedly exposed himself on a Long Beach Transit bus on West Campus Drive on June 15 at 3:07 p.m. According to University Police, the person who reported the crime did not see 55-year-old Rudy Olmedo’s penis, but several other witnesses claimed that he was acting indecently. University Police also said that Olmedo may have been touching himself inappropriately. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and released with a misdemeanor on June 18.

iPhone robbery reported near PE building
University Police said an unidentified male stole a black 3G Apple iPhone from the female owner who was texting on it June 10 at 10:33 a.m. The victim said that she saw the suspect, described as a black male in his 20s, pass by twice before he robbed her. The incident occurred outside the PE building when the suspect reportedly grabbed the phone, and fled the scene. University Police forwarded the case to investigation.

Note:
Any victims of a crime on or near campus should make an appointment with a University Police detective in order to create a suspect image. For more information: 562-985-4101. 

Disclaimer: The Daily 49er is not responsible for Postingsmade on www.daily49er.wpengine.com.Persons commenting are solely responsible for Postings made on thiswebsite. Persons commenting agree to the Terms of Use of the website.If Postings do not abide by the Rules of Conduct or PostingRegulations as listed in the PostingsPolicy, the Daily 49er has all rights to delete Postings as itdeems necessary. The Daily 49er strongly advises individuals to notabuse their First Amendment rights, and to avoid language suggestiveof hate speech. This site also encourages users to make Postingsrelevant to the article or other Postings.

Comments powered byDisqus