Man reportedly fondles himself in CSULB women’s stall

Cal State Long Beach had a second report of a man fondling himself in just two days.

A man was reportedly seen on Oct. 10 fondling himself in a women’s restroom stall in the Vivian Engineering Center, University Police Capt. Fernando Solorzano said.

This report comes shortly after a man was reportedly seen exposing and touching his genitalia around the Language Arts 5 building on Oct. 8. In both cases, the man reportedly fled the scene before police arrived and was unable to be located.

Solorzano said that the two indecent exposure reports can’t be linked even though they occurred within two days.

Solorzano said that there isn’t enough evidence to connect the two cases together and say it was the same guy who did it.

Both cases are being treated as isolated events, Solorzano said.

Counselors help student get medical attention

Staff members at Counseling and Psychological Services contacted University Police Oct. 11 when they observed a student who they felt was on the verge of committing suicide, Solorzano said. Cal State Long Beach counselors analyzed the student and then, determined he was a danger to himself and needed additional medical attention. The student was transported to a hospital for further evaluation.

Mid-day public intoxication

Public intoxication was reported Oct. 11 around noon near the Engineering department, Solorzano said. However, when police arrived on the scene, the intoxicated suspect had already left the area and was unable to be located by police.

Student needs to phone home

University Police received a call Oct. 11 from a concerned father worried about the welfare of his son who is a student living on campus, Solorzano said. The father hadn’t heard from his son for two weeks. He tried to reach him several times, but notified the police when he did not receive a response back from him. When police finally contacted the student, he was instructed to call his father, Solorzano said.