Ancestral poles stolen from Puvunga grounds

University Police received a report that ancestral poles were removed from the Puvunga ceremonial grounds in 22 Acres, just west of Parking Lot 20 sometime between Dec. 29 and Dec. 31, Solorzano said. One ancestral pole was found and one remains missing.

Reports of local drunk driving on the rise

University Police booked a 42-year-old man for drunk driving around midnight on Jan. 11 after receiving a report of a suspicious vehicle in Whaley Park, according to University Police Capt. Fernando Solorzano.

A 30-year-old male was taken into custody by University Police on Jan. 22 for alleged drunk driving, Solorzano said. The subject was located at 1800 Studebaker Road next to his vehicle in the middle of a roadway.

A 22-year-old male was arrested and booked on Jan. 23 at 1:24 a.m. by University Police for driving under the influence, Solorzano said. The subject was located sleeping in a vehicle at 1300 Palo Verde Ave.

Vandalism across campus

Two cases of vandalism and tagging occurred on Jan. 10 at the Fine Arts 2 building and Parking Structure 3, Solorzano said. The suspect tagged the moniker “avak” with a marking pen at both locations. If students see anything suspicious or have any information they are encouraged to contact University Police. The case remains under investigation.