Woman takes spill, sustains head injury in nursing college courtyard

Missing tables

University Police received a report that 20, 60-inch round tables were stolen from the Walter Pyramid sometime between Jan. 15-17, University Police Lt. Scot Willey said. The tables were from a rental company for an event held on Jan. 15. When the rental company returned to retrieve the tables Jan. 17, they were not found. The total loss of value is estimated at $2,900. The case remains under investigation.

Marijuana complaint

University Police received a marijuana complaint on Jan. 23 in Parkside Commons. Two subjects were cited and judicially cited for violation, Willey said.

Verbal quarrel

A disturbance was reported in Lot 17 on Jan. 24 regarding a male and a female arguing in a vehicle, Willey said. Police warned the subjects and deemed the situation safe.

Stolen parking permit

A student parking permit was stolen Jan. 24 from a partially secured vehicle located in Parking Structure 1 on the second floor, Willey said. The permit was stolen sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.

Suicidal call

A University Police officer assisted the Long Beach Police Department Jan. 24 after receiving a call regarding a suicidal subject in the Ralph’s shopping center parking lot, located at 5799 Seventh St., Willey said. The subject was transported for further evaluation.

Head injury

A 51-year-old female sustained a head injury after falling in the nursing college’s west courtyard on Jan. 25, Willey said. University Police and the Long Beach Fire Department responded and transported the female to a local hospital for further treatment.

Bike thief at large

A beach cruiser bike was reported stolen from the south side of the Language Arts 1 building on Jan. 25, Willey said. Police are looking for two Hispanic males between the ages of 15 and 18 who were acting suspiciously shortly before the bike was stolen. Police are currently reviewing surveillance footage for further information. The case remains under investigation.

Burglary report

University police received a report of a possible burglary from the University Bookstore on Jan. 27. A Hispanic male approximately 6-feet tall and 170 pounds was reportedly seen with a textbook shortly before leaving the bookstore. As the subject exited, he set off security alarms and ran. The case remains under investigation.

Grand theft auto

A Nissan Xterra was reported stolen from Lot 5 on Jan. 26 at 3:14 a.m., Wiley said. The Long Beach Police Department recovered the vehicle undamaged Jan. 26 at 12:45 p.m. The suspect is currently in custody.