CSULB club to present week of events promoting sex positivity

The third annual Sex Positive Week starts today and continues through Thursday evening.

The event is sponsored by FORCE (Feminist Organization Reclaiming Consciousness and Equality).

“[Sex Positive Week] is designed to show people how sexuality can be a good thing,” Chair of FORCE Emily Munoz-Snyder said.

Events will include a presentation from Cucci Toys sex toys and discussions with porn star Cassandra Cruz and sex worker Mariko Passion.

A performance by Passion, “Modern Day Asian Sex Slavery: the Musical” will show what it’s like being Chinese, involved in sex work in the United States. It will be held in the Beach Auditorium today at 1:30 p.m.

A roundtable discussion of “hot topics,” ranging from sexuality to drugs to government, will take place at 3:30 p.m. 

“The discussion will show how students’ perspectives of ‘hot topics’ differ from those of the sex workers,” Snyder said. 

FORCE’s long-term goal is more support for women’s rights.

Snyder said the group is trying to make it safer for sex workers by giving them more rights to go to police for help if they’re involved in a violent crime, without fear of punishment for being involved in that line of work.

Other events include a BDSM presentation and a screening of “Passion & Power: The Technology of Orgasm.”

This event is the largest of scale for FORCE and cost around $2,500.

More information is at csulb.edu under the calendar for the Women’s Resource Center and on Facebook at “CSULB Sex Positive Week 2010.”