Graffiti scrawled in men’s restroom

Graffiti vandalism in men’s restroom

University Police received a report on Feb. 4 at 6:30 p.m. of vandalism in the men’s restroom on the first floor of the Molecular and Life Sciences Center, University Police Capt. Fernando Solorzano said. A police officer doing foot patrol through the building discovered the words “hello cripple” written in graffiti in a restroom stall. Currently, the time frame of the vandalism is unknown and there is no suspect information.

Missing iPod, iPhone, cologne

Three reports of petty theft occurred from Feb. 3-9, Solorzano said.

A male student reported that his iPod Touch was stolen on the east side of the Outpost on Feb. 3, Solorzano said. The man was eating lunch outside and went inside after receiving a phone call. When he returned outside to finish his lunch, his iPod Touch was gone.

An iPhone was reportedly stolen on Feb. 7 between 8:45-9:15 p.m. in the Goldmine west gym, Solorzano said. The individual was reportedly playing basketball and left their iPhone on the floor when it was stolen. The suspect took off in an unknown direction.

A male student reported that his cologne was stolen out of his gym bag on Feb. 9 between 7-8 p.m. while he was working out in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, Solorzano said. The man left his red gym bag in a secured locker in the men’s locker room and forgot to take it with him before going home. When he reached his home, he called the Student Recreation and Wellness Center about his gym bag. Once he returned to pick it up at 9:15 p.m., his cologne was gone.

Laptop stolen out of vehicle

A MacBook Pro laptop was reported stolen from a car in Parking Structure 2, on the second floor on Feb. 9 between 3:40-6:40 p.m., Solorzano said. The owner had the laptop in their backpack in the back seat of the vehicle. When they returned to their vehicle, the door was unlocked and their laptop was gone. The owner said they may have left their vehicle unlocked. The estimated loss was $1,200.

Reports of stolen bikes on the rise

University Police received reports of a stolen and attempted stolen bike on Feb. 8 in the Alley 1 bike racks north of the University Library, Solorzano said.

A female student reported that her blue Electra County bike was stolen between 8:30-11p.m., Solorzano said. The bike was secured by a cable lock, which was also stolen. The estimated value of the bike was $550.

A male student reported the attempted theft of his bike on Feb. 8 between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m., Solorzano said. The man reported that he had secured his bike with both a cable and U-lock. When he returned to his bike, he noticed the cable lock was cut and left on the ground next to his bike.

Marijuana Possession

A report of a marijuana complaint occurred on Feb. 5 at 11:51 p.m. in the Resource Learning Center, Solorzano said. University Police responded after receiving a call about an odor. When police arrived, they found a female student in possession of one ounce of marijuana. She was judicially cited.

Medical Reports

Two medical incidents occurred from Feb. 7-8, Solorzano said.

University Police responded to a medical call referencing a 65-year-old woman who tripped and fell over a concrete parking block in Lot 10 on Feb. 7 at 3:28 p.m., Solorzano said. The Long Beach Fire Department also responded to the scene where they treated and released the woman at the scene.

On Feb. 8 at 6:21 p.m., University Police responded to a medical call referencing a 52-year-old man who was complaining of lower back and knee pain in the International House, Solorzano said. The Long Beach Fire Department transported the man to a local hospital for further treatment.