Students’ costly bikes reported stolen

A student reported that his or her bike was stolen from the Liberal Arts 1 bike racks on Oct. 3 around 4 p.m., University Police Capt. Scott Brown said. The white and red Trek bike was not locked with a U-lock and is valued at $1,000.

After locking their bike with a combination cable lock on Sept. 29 at 10 p.m., a student found his or her bike missing from the Los Cerritos bike rack the following evening, Brown said.

The bike was an orange Cannondale F500 bike valued at $700.

A pink and yellow Centauri road bike was reported stolen from the Family and Consumer Sciences building bike racks on Sept. 29, Brown said. The owner of the bike last saw their bike on Sept. 26 at 2:30 p.m., but it was missing when the student went to look for it a few days later.

University property goes missing

An Epson projector valued at $6,000 was discovered missing on Oct. 5, Brown said. The projector belonged in the Social Science and Public Administration building, room 024, but could not be located when the building staff went over the inventory.

Vehicles cause disruption in campus parking lots

Police found an illegally parked vehicle in Parking Lot 8A at 3 p.m. on Sept. 29, Brown said.

While the police waited for a tow truck to remove the car, the owner returned to their car where he was given a citation instead.

The police were contacted after a car was seen driving extremely fast in Parking Lot 14 C on Sept. 30 at 8:30 p.m., Brown said.

Officers arrived to find the car doing ‘donuts’ in the parking lot. There were four people in the car, but the driver was given a ticket and told to leave, Brown said.