Minors caught under the influence at CSULB

Police were called on a group of nine students playing beer pong in the Residence Commons on Oct. 23. Officers arrived at the dorm room at 1:30 a.m. and found one minor. Although the rest of the students were given a warning, officers contacted the minor’s parents and released him to his father, University Police Captain Scott Brown said.

A minor was caught in the Pacific Hall of the Residential Learning Center with marijuana after police received complaints of a strong odor coming from the hall at 10 p.m. on Oct. 21. Brown said the officers contacted her parents and released her to her mother.

Students cited for marijuana use in RLC, on campus

A resident adviser contacted the police after detecting strong smells of marijuana coming from the Pacific Hall at the Residential Learning Center on Oct. 26. The police arrived at the dorms around 8 p.m. and cited the student. Both the police and R.A. have had multiple contacts with the same person since the beginning of the semester, Brown said.

The police were contacted after students were seen smoking marijuana near the Fine Arts building on Oct. 24 at 2 p.m. However, once police arrived, the students were already gone, Brown said.

Drunken behavior from students leads to hospitalization, citations

An officer standing by at the residence dorms saw two women outside the Beach Hall at 2 a.m. on Oct. 23 and went to check up on them after one of them face-planted on the concrete. Brown said she was too drunk to take care of herself and the officers released her to a hospital.

The police cited a student in the Residential Learning Center at 2:30 a.m. on Oct. 23 for fighting with an R.A. Brown said the student was drunk when police arrived.

Bike, laptop thefts continue on campus

Staff in the art department reported a laptop stolen after going over inventory on Oct. 26. They discovered it missing at 4 p.m. and the last time it was seen was one week prior to the inventory check. Brown said it was valued at $2,300.

A student’s yellow Motive mountain bike was stolen overnight between Oct. 22 and Oct. 23. He locked his bike with a cable lock at the bike racks by Parkside Dorms and when he returned the next afternoon at 3 p.m., it was gone. Brown said it was valued at $200.