Police receive multiple calls reporting crime at RLC

The police were contacted when a man, who was previously told to leave campus, was spotted outside of Pacific Hall at the Residential Learning Center on Nov. 9 in the evening, according to University Police Capt. Scott Brown. Police had made contact with the man on Nov. 8 because “he had no business being in the area,” Brown said. However, when police arrived at the RLC on Nov. 9, the man was already gone.

Resident Assistants from the RLC called the police after they suspected two students were smoking marijuana in the dorms on Nov. 9 at 9:30 a.m., Brown said. The two men have been uncooperative in the past with the RAs. The students were cited when police arrived.

RAs called the police on students in the RLC for alcohol on Nov. 4 at midnight, Brown said. Police arrived at the dorms and found the alcohol in a plastic bag in the room. Both individuals were cited and police also issued a citation to one for furnishing alcohol to a minor.

Neon green rims and tires were stolen from a student’s bike parked outside Beach Hall at the RLC on Nov. 7, Brown said. The total value of everything stolen was $150.

Student, custodial property missing

A woman attempted to hide her purse in a room in the Fine Arts 2 building on Nov. 6 while she left for three hours, Brown said. However, when she returned her wallet with $30 inside was missing.

A red Motiv mountain bike was stolen from the bike racks near the B building in the Residence dorms, Brown said. The missing bike is valued at $300.

A custodial electric cart was reported missing at 4 a.m. on Nov. 8, Brown said. It was parked outside the Child Development Center with the keys inside. “Someone must have taken it for a joy ride because it was found undamaged about an hour later at Whaley Park,” Brown said.