Students warned for shouting over sports

On Feb. 20 at 10:11 p.m. University Police received a complaint about a disturbance of peace by a group in Parking Structure 3, University Police Lt. Christopher Schivley said. 

When University Police arrived at the structure, they found four students arguing about sports. The students all appeared to be friends, but were warned and no further complaints were received, Schivley said. 

Suspicious man spotted, students with airsoft gun found

A woman reported a suspicious man walking between the vehicles on level two of Parking Structure 1 on Feb. 17 at 12 p.m., Schivley said.

The man was described as a black, 5’8″ man in his 30s with a walkie-talkie clipped to his pants, wearing a light blue polo with no logo. Although University Police believe the suspect was actually an employee, they responded to the call and were unable to locate the initial suspicious man.

Instead, University Police found two students in possession of an airsoft gun, Schivley said. The airsoft gun was confiscated and the two students, both in their 20s, were given a citation, Schivley said.

Bush fire

The fire department was notified about a fire in the bushes at the 22-acre field located across from the Residence Commons and Housing dorms, Schivley said.

When the University Police reached the fire, two suspects wearing hoodies fled on bicycles toward Anaheim Street. The 17-year-old subjects were caught and the suspected arson is under investigation, Schivley said. 

Toyota break-in

A student reported his 2002 Toyota Celica broken into on Feb. 16 between 4 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. at the Residential Learning Center parking lot, Schivley said. 

Although the car had no damage to it and the student claimed that the doors were left locked, the suspect was able to steal about $150 worth of merchandise from the vehicle, Schivley said. The stolen items included two skateboards, an iPod and a checkbook.

University Police aid LBPD

At 2 a.m. on Feb. 21, a Cal State Long Beach police officer located a green Hyundai, which was linked to a recent vandalism to a local business, driving on Seventh Street, Schivley said. 

University Police found three suspects in the vehicle, one of which had cuts on his arm and hand. The business had its window smashed in what appeared to be an attempted burglary. An investigation is still underway, Schivley said. 

Condoms in the classroom

University Police received a report at about 8:24 p.m. on Feb. 19 that Room 153 in Liberal Arts 5 had been vandalized, Schivley said. 

Although there was no damage done, a CSULB community service office found desks overturned and an open condom placed on the light switch. The room was left open for a special event for the Writing Proficiency Examination, so the suspects did not break into the classroom, Schivley said. 

Student intoxicated on campus

A student was reported for public intoxication at the CSULB dorms around 5:19 a.m on Feb. 17, Schivley said. The student was found by University Police and said she was lost and unsure how she arrived at the dorms. University Police escorted her to her dorm and left her in the care of her roommate, Schivley said.