Health Fair to promote well-being, spirituality

The University Student Union Program Council will feature more than 20 campus organizations and vendors to provide students with healthy lifestyle options at the sixth annual Health Fair on Wednesday.

The event will take place at the USU South Plaza, in front of the Wells Fargo Bank, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

“The purpose of the health fair is to inform students, staff and faculty about health issues and promote overall well-being in every aspect of their lives,” said Ebonee Carter, program council assistant.

This year’s fair will highlight spiritual health, in addition to mental and physical wellness, as a tool in reducing stress.

“For some people, spirituality is in direct connection with their physical and mental selves,” said Christina Esparza, Associated Students Inc. communications coordinator. “It made sense to have that option available for those who wish to learn more about it.”

Some of the vendors participating at the health fair will include Orange County-based Fitness Chiropractic and Massage, which will be offering free massages and fat-burning analyses, and Total Wellness Club, which will be offering healthy smoothies, herbal teas and aloe drinks.

On-campus organizations include Student Health Services, which will hand out safe-sex packets, the Health Science Students Association and the California Health Professional Student Alliance.

The overall goal for the event is to reach the community and inform them of the various aspects of healthy living.

“If we get a lot of students to come through the South Plaza and create traffic we’ll know we’ve had a successful event,” Carter said.