Brother Jed returns to campus, targets Muslims

Brother Jed, an evangelist, preached against homosexuals, non-Christians and Muslims claiming he was spreading “the word of God,” to an angry crowd of Cal State Long Beach students on Tuesday.

Jed and his followers stood in the grassy area near the Faculty Offices and held three signs that read, “Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,” “Just is Jesus! He is our only hope! Seek the Lord while He may be found” and “Muhammad is a … liar, false prophet, murderer, child-molesting pervert.”

Around 60 students stood and protested Brother Jed’s aggressive sermon, demanding him to “leave our school” and that “no one want[ed] [him] here.”

“As someone who believes in God, this is a debacle and it’s a real shame because this is not what I believe in,” said sophomore Joe Biscocho, communication studies major.

“What I believe in is truth of love not condemning anybody who is not Christian, which is why I’m so against this.”
Jed preached, “Women should take care of her husband,” and told a student to “shut your pie hole” when she called out to him about opposing God’s message.

“It’s pretty funny,” senior psychology major Daniel Orozco said. “To me, this is actually a joke because nothing intellectual can come from this. You ask them direct questions, and they’ll just gate around it.”

Police officers stood around the crowd of students in case the protest got out of hand.

“They’re here almost every semester,” University Police Sgt. Hanson Tith said. “They have to have a permit that Student Life [and Development] hands out. As long as they have that permit, they’re allowed to be here. They’re exercising their first amendment.”

Tith added that if students simply leave, Brother Jed would leave as well.

“Privileged lifestyle,” Dave Bronstein? I wasn’t aware there were enough people in America willing to invest in a campus preacher like Jed Smock! As for one of his daughters getting pregnant, it wasn’t for lack of moral upbringing. Look at Bristol Palin. We’ll all answer to God for our sinful choices… and in Jed’s daughter’s case, the consequences hit pretty close to home. However, I’m sure the Smock’s are delighted with their grandchild now!

Ask pie-Holy Jed about his daughter that got pregnant. And the tax-free donations that maintain his privileged lifestyle. [email protected]

Ask “holy man” Jed about his daughter that got pregnant. Yep… and all those donations to fund his privileged lifestyle. Bet IRS doesn’t have the full picture. [email protected]