CSULB employee’s ex-wife arrested

A Cal State Long Beach employee’s ex-wife was arrested on March 15 at about 12:15 p.m. for violating a restraining order, University Police Captain Scott Brown said.
The former spouse showed up at Brotman Hall and the CSULB employee informed University Police. She was arrested on the spot, Brown said.

Theft, break-in at cheer championship
Property was stolen during the Cheer & Dance Invitational held on March 11 at the Walter Pyramid, Brown said.

A cheer participant reported her HTC Android stolen at about 5 p.m. The phone was left unattended while she was competing and is valued at $600, Brown said.
University Police received a report that several vehicles were broken into at Lot 13, next to the Pyramid. Once police arrived on scene, they were unable to locate the vehicles, Brown said.

Loud explosions near campus
University Police received a call about loud explosions at about 12:24 a.m. on March 10 near Whaley Park on Atherton St., Brown said.

The University Police and the Long Beach Police Department found the sounds to be from illegal fireworks, Brown said.

Car crimes on campus
A CSULB employee reported her Gray GMC Denali broken into on March 14 at about 5:30 p.m., Brown said.

The employee found that the factory installed GPS and radio were stolen from her vehicle, Brown said.

A bike rack was reported stolen from a white Mitsubishi at 5 p.m. on March 14, Brown said. The CSULB student returned to his car in Parking Structure 1 to find the bike rack missing from the back of his vehicle. The bike rack is valued at $1,400, Brown said.

A student reported the third row seats missing from his SUV on March 15 at 12:30 p.m., Brown said. The SUV was parked in Parking Structure 1 and it is unknown how the suspect was able to take the seats, Brown said.

RLC sign thefts
Metal letters were reported missing from the Residential Learning Center sign on March 9 at 3:40 p.m., Brown said.

Although the letters may not seem like much, the cost adds up, especially since this is an on-going problem, Brown said. There are currently no suspects.

Rowdy rugby Players
CSULB dorm students called about a disturbance of peace on March 14 at about 9 p.m., Brown said.

A bus carrying a group of rugby players had broke down on Beach Dr. and the team had gathered outside the bus, Brown said.

University Police advised the coach to keep the noise level down and the team followed orders, Brown said.