NCAA ring, NIT watch stolen from Athletics

About $3,000 worth of sports valuables were stolen from the desk of a Cal State Long Beach employee in the Athletics Department office of the Walter Pyramid on April 1, University Police Capt. Scott Brown said.

The items included a National Invitation Tournament wristwatch, a ring from the National Collegiate Athletic Association and an unknown amount of money, Brown said. No further details on the items were given and there are currently no suspects, Brown said.

Campus organizations get noise complaints

Various campus organizations were warned for disturbing the peace on April 5 at several locations on campus between 1 and 3 a.m., Brown said.

Fraternities, sororities and cultural organizations were practicing for Greek Sing and a Pilipino Cultural Night show and their early morning practices caused people in the surrounding neighborhoods to phone in noise complaints, Brown said.

All organizations were advised to keep the noise level down and were able to continue practicing quietly, Brown said.

Vehicle impounded

A 1992 Ford Explorer left at the south turnaround near the Macintosh building was found to have outstanding parking citations and an expired registration on April 2 at 8:30 p.m., Brown said.

The vehicle has been impounded and will be kept until the owner pays all outstanding fees, Brown said.

Stolen electronics

Two tablets were stolen from the Foundation building on April 4, Brown said.

The items stolen included an Apple iPad with a lime green cover, valued at $500, and a black Lenovo ThinkPad, worth $200.

The thefts occurred between March 28 and April 3 and the area has no signs of forced entry, Brown said. There are currently no suspects.

A student reported his Acer mini laptop stolen from the Physical Education building on April 5 around noon, Brown said.

The total estimated loss is $400 and there is no further information on the case, Brown said.

License plate stolen

A student reported his front license plate stolen from his 2001 Audi on April 5 around 10 a.m., Brown said.

The vehicle was left in Parking Structure 1 and, when the student returned, his license plate was missing. No further damage was reported to the vehicle and there is no value on the license plate, Brown said.