Info-Rama showcases services at CSULB

Correction: The article, “Info-Rama showcases services at CSULB,” refers to the SRWC OutBAC program as “OBAC.”  It should be “OutBAC.”  OutBAC is actually run by the kinesiology department, not the SRWC. The SRWC has an instructional outdoor class called “Junkyard Fitness,” which is a year old program.

Associated Students, Inc. kicked off Week of Welcome with Info-Rama on Tuesday, introducing students to vital campus information and offering chances to win prizes.

The event showed students the wide range of services available to them on campus. Different services were spread out among several booths set up at the Beach Circle next to the College of Business Administration.

Also present were the Lime and Kogi food trucks, which sold food to students as they browsed campus organizations.

In order to get students to visit all the organizations, ASI gave out “fast passes,” which could be entered into prize drawings after being stamped at a certain number of booths.

The Student Recreation and Wellness Center booth was a favorite among students. The booth focused on services most students may have been unaware of like massages, equipment rental and body assessments. The SRWC also promoted their outdoor fitness class, Junkyard Fitness.

Junior social work major Josh Dellis was drawn to the services offered by the SRWC while weaving through the booths.

“I learned how you can rent tents and surfboards at the [SRWC],” Dellis said. “Also, I want to check out the body assessment.”

Week of Welcome will continue with the Student Organization Fair today and Thursday, which will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on both days. It will end with Smorgasport on Friday night at 8 p.m.