Blotter: Student detained for possession of brass knuckles

University Police responded to a reported disturbance at Los Cerritos Hall room 138 at 10:26 p.m. on Saturday, University Police Captain Scott Brown said. The disturbance was found to be a party upon arrival, Brown said. There were nine people in the dorm room, and the students were found to have been drinking and were uncooperative with Resident Assistants, Brown said. One student was arrested, Brown said. Kevin Sneller, 18, was detained for possession of brass knuckles and was booked at Long Beach jail, Brown said.

Man dismissed from water polo match
A man was asked to leave the campus pool for making derogatory remarks to the opposing team during a men’s water polo match against Navy at 7:46 p.m. on Sept. 27, Brown said. The man initially refused to leave and then complied after police responded and escorted the man out, Brown said.

Police respond to couple’s argument
University Police responded to an incident of a man shoving a woman at the University Library at 8:22 p.m. on Sept. 26, Brown said. Upon arrival, police found that the man and woman were boyfriend and girlfriend and involved in a verbal argument, Brown said. There were no signs of injury, and the woman did not want to press charges, Brown said. University Police provided the woman with resource information, and the incident is currently under investigation, Brown said.

Coaches fight at Walter Pyramid
Two coaches at a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament were involved in a dispute at the Walter Pyramid at 5:03 p.m. on Sunday, Brown said. One coach reportedly slapped another coach on the head, Brown said. The coach complained of loss of hearing, and the other coach fled the scene, Brown said. A possible suspect has been identified and police are currently following up on the case, Brown said.

Computer stolen from Fine Arts building
A 2009 MacBook Pro was stolen from a woman on the third floor of Fine Arts building 4 at 4:10 p.m. on Oct. 1, Brown said. The woman reported that she had left her backpack unattended and her MacBook was missing when she returned, Brown said. No suspect information is known, and the case is currently under investigation, Brown said.