Blotter: Residents suspected of public intoxication

Resident assistants reported a group of eight people who appeared to be drinking outside of Parkside College at 5:59 a.m. on Oct. 13, University Police Captain Scott Brown said. The group was not drinking at the time the police arrived and was not intoxicated enough to be arrested for public intoxication because they were not deemed to be a danger to themselves or others, Brown said. The group was told to go inside and did so with no further incident, Brown said.

Smoke on the water

A staff member at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center reported to University Police that a marijuana joint was found floating in the pool at 7:16 p.m. on Oct. 12, Brown said. No report was taken, and the joint was destroyed at the scene, Brown said.

Drinking students vanish before police arrive

University Police were called to Parkside College regarding a possible drunk driving incident at 10:55 p.m. on Oct. 12, Brown said. A small group of people was reported to have been seen holding a vodka bottle and getting into a green jeep driving west on Atherton Street, Brown said. Police searched the area and were unable to locate the vehicle, Brown said.

Obscene phone calls made to employee

A staff member, who works in the Hall of Sciences, reported obscene phone calls to University Police at 3:51 p.m. on Oct. 16, Brown said. The incident is under investigation, Brown said.

Grand theft in the library

A student’s MacBook Pro, valued at $1,500, was reported stolen from the fourth floor cubicles of the University Library at 4:36 p.m. on Oct. 14, Brown said. There is no suspect information, and the incident is being investigated as a grand theft, Brown said.