Our View-Dems job plan trickling down too slow

Reaganomics has found its way into the Democratic Party. Democrats might not admit to this and Ronald Reagan isn’t available to verify our claim, but it is what it is.

Sarcastically speaking, this facet of Reaganomics, the one that has seemingly entered the Democratic Party, is quite brilliant: Give those who have money more money, so that they can give it to those who have little money.

While brilliant, the Democrats have changed it up with their own version to hide the fact that it’s basically trickle down economics. Instead of the rich trickling down to the poor the Democrat version would read: Give those who have little money, the middle class, more money, so they can give it to those who don’t have any money. See! It really is amazing that we spotted the similarities.

Sincerely speaking though, both versions fail to impress because, at the end, those who get the money, whether the rich or the middle class, they keep most of it, leaving low-income families in a state of perpetual poverty and joblessness.

Yes, we’re talking about unemployment. You know, the thing poor people have to deal with when they don’t have a job; the signal that our economy isn’t healing as quick as we would like it to.

Mired by approximately 10 percent unemployment, our country needs jobs. The TARP funds may have succeeded at bolstering Wall Street. However, Main Street has been left fighting for scraps.

The Democrats, who have control of both the House and Senate, are attempting to push a “job bill” in the name of Main Street.

“Jobs for unemployed Americans” is a great idea. So is a “booming economy.” Trickle-down economics, however, fails to create either of the two.

The bill, which has not been drafted, may include, according to The Wall Street Journal, “a six-year infrastructure bill,” and “a payroll-tax holiday [which is] a short-term break on Social Security and Medicare taxes to boost private-sector hiring.” This is all brilliant, sarcastically speaking, of course.

If Democrats want to push a job bill through Congress, a job bill that will actually help Americans, they need to focus their efforts on low-income families. The rich and the middle-class may be worse off than they were a few years ago, but it’s the people with no money who are hurting the most.

We need to stop focusing our efforts in favor of intangibles like business, whether big or small, and start focusing on actual human beings.

It is really a shame that in a time where Democrats seemingly have the power to fight for low-income families — many of whom vote for them — they have resorted to the archaic principles of the dying Republican Party.

We don’t think the Democrats are doing this on purpose. No one is being malicious. We’re simply complaining about an egregious philosophy that should have died with the president that implemented it.