‘Cougars’ can teach younger cats about sex without scratching

Older men having relationships with younger woman is no new phenomenon. However, older women who find themselves with younger men are taboo-worthy. A high profile example of this is Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. I am of course referring to “Cougars,” the feisty name that refers to the older women secretly on the prowl for younger men.

A peek into the life of a coug’, from the male perspective, comes from a 22-year-old Long Beach City College “cougar veteran” who wanted to remain anonymous. This “veteran” has experienced three older women spicy enough to catch his attention.

His first experience was with a woman who drove a Lexus. “Lexus” found him while he was skateboarding home from work. Ironically, she ended up living down the hall from him. After going to play pool with mutual friends, he said, “I was a little freaked out because she happened to have a son who was my age. [He] graduated the same year from my high school.”

The second older woman he met happened to be a 40-year-old Lakewood kindergarten teacher, who he stated was, “very sexual.” He said he felt that she knew what she wanted. This was a different experience for him. “She turned me on to what the older crowd was all about,” he said.

A 27-year-old and 30-year-old are also on his list, but those are some of his “younger acquaintances.”

I agree with the fact that wisdom is involved in the perfection of any craft, sex being no exception. Older men and women are more aware of what they do and do not enjoy. This can make the experience much more enjoyable — both parties included. However, some people are not as inclined to take those chances. A cougar that chose not to be named suggested that some younger adults tend to be too meek to entertain advances from people twice their age.

Many males have deemed Las Vegas as the cougar hunting ground. From the many stories passed my way, I’ve discovered that women who flock to the city of sin usually prowl around night clubs looking for young men and newly turned 21-year-olds.

Consider this, men: You are getting close with a hot woman who buys you drinks while clubbing at Pure. She says that she is over 40. Would the night continue on or would you cut it short because of her age?

The maturity level of older women both sexually and mentally serves to be a significant advantage. One cougar states, “I am comfortable with who I am and what I have to offer, so there are no games.” People are naturally sexual beings and this cougar made it clear that age makes no effect on the desire to find pleasure.

So, younger men if you are looking to broaden your horizons, look into the world of older women, because they are definitely looking for you. Until next week friends and college neighbors, enjoy the lovely days ahead.

Kylee Delgadillo is a junior journalism major and a columnist for the Daily 49er.