Men’s volleyball inks two players

Interim head men’s volleyball coach Andy Read announced that Antwain Aguillard and Trevor Crabb have signed Letters of Intent during the spring signing period to play for Long Beach State.

Aguillard, a transfer from Long Beach City College, played two seasons with the Vikings, leading the team to a state championship this past season. He was named the California Community College Men’s Volleyball State Player of the Year after finishing the season with 201 kills (4.3 per set) and a .555 hitting percentage.

The middle blocker posted 20 kills with no errors in the state championship game, while hitting at a .714 clip. His strong sophomore campaign also earned him Western States Conference Player of the Year and first-team All-Western States Conference.

Crabb, a graduate of Punahou High School in Hawaii, played outside hitter for the Outrigger Canoe Club 12, 14, 16 and 17’s teams. He played one season of college basketball at the NCAA Division III level for the University of Puget Sound.

The pair joins November signees Jack Powell (Granite High School), Ian Satterfield (Mira Costa HS), Dalton Ammerman (Chaparral HS) and McKay Smith (Dana Hills HS) to round out the 49ers’ 2009 recruiting class.