Three 49ers to play in Portsmouth Invitational

Casper Ware, Larry Anderson and T.J. Robinson have been selected to play in the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament from April 11-14 in Portsmouth, Va.

The four-day event showcases the 64 top senior men’s basketball players in the nation. The 12-game tournament will allow the players a chance to play in front of scouts from every NBA team and scouts from a number of international leagues.

The players are divided onto eight teams with Ware playing for Team Sales System, Ltd. , Anderson playing for Team Cherry, Bekaert and Holland, and Robinson playing for Team Mike Duman.

Ware averaged 17.4 points and 3.4 assists per game this season while leading the ‘Niners to a 25-9 overall record and an appearance in the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2007.

Anderson averaged 13.7 points, 4.9 rebounds and three assists and was named First Team All-Big West Conference for third time in his career. Anderson is also the LBSU’s all-time leader in steals with 206.

Robinson averaged 12 points and 10.2 rebounds for the 49ers. Robinson finished his collegiate career as the all-time leading rebounder in both LBSU and Big West history with 1,208 boards.

The first game of the Portsmouth Invitational tournament will be played on Wednesday, April 11 at 4 p.m.