Vehicle crimes get reported

Six cars were burglarized and two cars were vandalized within the past two weeks, according to the University Police activity log.

•  On Oct. 5 at 3:07 p.m., a vehicle burglary was reported.

•  On Oct. 3 at 8:45 p.m., a vehicle was vandalized in Parking Lot 6.

•  On Oct. 1 at 10:48 a.m., a vehicle burglary was reported in Parking Structure 2. According to University Police Capt. Fernando Solorzano, a 13-inch Macbook Pro was left visible in the student’s car. In order to steal the laptop, sitting in the back seat, the thief smashed the driver side, rear window which was sitting in the back seat.

•  On Oct. 1 at 11:48 a.m., a vehicle was vandalized when an unknown suspect broke the passenger side, rear window. On the same day, two vehicle burglaries were reported at 1:32 p.m. and 2:20 p.m. According to the activity log, a purse was reported stolen from the second burglarized car.  

•  On Sept. 27 at 10:13 p.m., a vehicle burglary was reported. According to the activity log, a Cal State Long Beach student permit was stolen from inside the car. There were no signs of forced entry.

•  On Sept. 25 at 11:20 a.m., a vehicle burglary was reported at the Horn Center.

Disturbance reported at fraternity

Another disturbance call was reported for a fraternity party located at 1211 Newport Ave. University Police made judicial citations, Solorzano said.

Student assault

On Sept. 23, a female student attending class in the Engineering Computer Science building room 303 hit a male in the back of the head, shut his laptop and walked away, according to Solorzano. After investigation, police learned that no harm was caused to either student. They are investigating the student’s motive through a professional source, Solorzano said.

Bicycle thefts

Two bicycle thefts were recently reported.

•  On Sept. 30, a student reported a white road bicycle valued at $200 stolen from the bicycle racks near the east side of the Language Arts buildings, according to Solorzano. The bicycle was secured on a handrail with a U-Lock. According to Solorzano, the front tire, which had been locked with the U-Lock was still attached to the handrail, but the bicycle was gone. There is no suspect information and the case has been forwarded to investigations.

•  On Sept. 29, a student reported the front wheel of his bicycle stolen, Solorzano said. The owner of the bicycle locked the frame, but not the wheel to a bicycle rack at the Parkside Commons near building J. The owner reported a loss of $50 and “desires prosecution,” Solorzano said.

Restroom graffiti

On Oct. 3, graffiti was reported at the Faculty Office 4 men’s restroom. A black and pink paint marker was used to write the word “alter” on the inside of the entry door. The word “void” was also  written on two separate stall doors, according to Solorzano.

Public intoxication arrest, citation

On Sept. 26, a non-student was arrested for public intoxication, according to Solorzano.

When 59-year-old Leonard Luna approached a stopped vehicle in the second lane on Bellflower Boulevard, the driver called CSULB’s University Police.

After discovering that Luna was unable to care for himself, Long Beach Police responded and arrested him, Solorzano said.

LOST AND FOUND:

On Sept. 26, a fossil brown wallet with the name of Beatrice Thomas on the identification card was found. Police have sent her a letter and the wallet is being held at the University Police main station.