Woman reports being robbed in CSULB parking structure

Laptop, iPhone robbery

Three thefts were reported to the University Police from Jan. 29 to Feb. 3, Solorzano said. 

A woman reported she was robbed while on the second floor of Parking Structure 3 on Feb. 3 at 11:09 a.m., Solorzano said. The victim was putting items into the trunk of her vehicle when a male approached her from behind and placed an unknown sharp object to her back, demanding her laptop and iPhone. The male suspect was reportedly wearing blue jeans and a black hoodie that covered his face. University Police ask anyone who sees anything suspicious or knows any information to contact them at (562) 985-4101. 

An individual reported that a catalytic converter was stolen from their 1989 Toyota Tacoma vehicle in Parking Lot 14 C between Jan. 28 at 10 a.m. and Jan. 29 at 12:30 p.m., Solorzano said. Catalytic converters are commonly stolen to be sold as recycled parts, Solorzano said. 

A female student reported a laptop stolen from the study lounge located on the first floor of the University Student Union on Jan. 31 between 2-4 p.m., Solorzano said. The female reportedly fell asleep on a couch in the lounge, and discovered that her laptop had been stolen when she woke up. 

Campus police respond to increase in medical reports

University Police received five medical reports from Jan. 29- Feb. 3, according to University Police Capt. Fernando Solorzano.

Officers responded after a man fell and broke his arm while playing volleyball in the west gym of the Physical Education building on Jan. 30 at 10:08 a.m., Solorzano said. The victim was treated and released by the Long Beach Fire Department and was transported to a local hospital by a friend. 

A 22-year-old woman sustained a head injury above her eye while in the training room at the Walter Pyramid on Jan. 31 at 11:29 a.m., Solorzano said. The victim was treated and transported to a local hospital by the Long Beach Fire Department.

A woman in her early 20s was injured after falling in the Dance Center on Feb. 1 at 12:18 p.m., Solorzano said. The victim was unable to move and was experiencing pain in her back and right leg. The victim was transported to Long Beach Community Hospital.

A man injured his right leg in a skateboarding accident on Feb. 1 at 6:50 p.m. in the east side of Parking Structure 2 on the first floor, Solorzano said. The victim reported his skateboard wheel caught in the gate entrance, causing him to fall. University Police officers and the Long Beach Fire Department responded to the scene. The victim was treated and released after a family member was called to take him home. 

A woman at the Walter Pyramid was medically assisted on Jan. 29 at 9 p.m., Solorzano said. The individual, who was breathing and conscious, was not requesting medics and was able to leave the venue on her own. University Police had no further information on why the individual needed medical assistance. 

Reccurring marijuana usage at Parkside Commons

Two reports of marijuana complaints at Parkside Commons were reported to University Police between Feb. 1 and Feb. 3, Solorzano said.

A male was judicially cited for possession on Feb. 1 at 10:39 p.m., Solorzano said. University Police reportedly found a green leafy substance in a glass jar at the scene. 

A female was judicially cited for possession on Feb. 3 at 11:41 p.m., Solorzano said. The female had reportedly been smoking marijuana with her boyfriend before a University Police officer arrived. Police found and took possession of a green leafy substance stored in a bottle while at the scene.

Buttock assaults

An assault/battery was reported in Lot 7 on Jan. 28 at 10:15 p.m., Solorzano said. Two male subjects reportedly had a disagreement that resulted in one male inappropriately touching the other male by poking him in the buttock with his finger. Both subjects knew each other from the Islamic Center in Northridge and were attending an Islamic history event in the University Theater that evening.

A female was slapped on the buttock by an unknown male while on the sidewalk in front of the University Library on Feb. 3 at 8:13 a.m., Solorzano said. The male was seen heading toward Lecture Hall 151 where police contacted him. University Police officers conducted a field interview with the individual and determined he was mentally disabled.