Campus services available to students

Multicultural Center

The Multicultural Center is located in the Faculty Office 3 building, room 3 and offers a multitude of free services for all students on campus.

Students have access to an extensive library of journals, magazines, books, articles, newspapers and other resources including feature films and documentaries that address aspects of culture and multiculturalism. The Multicultural Center also has a listing of cultural films by topic or title located in the University Library.

Diverse workshops, lectures and forums are also offered to students as well as faculty and employees.

Students of all academic disciplines and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to participate in Students Talk About Race (STAR), a signature project of the Multicultural Center that is free to all students and teachers.

Women’s Resource Center

The Women’s Resource Center provides free student services opened to both women and men and is located in the Liberal Arts 3 building, room 105.

Students can use the sofas and tables in the women’s lounge to study, have small group meetings or find information on the current campus and community events. Water and hot coffee are also available.

Educational programs such as Women in the Arts and The Women’s Resource Center Film Video Program are open for students to further their knowledge about women.

In addition, the center is committed to reducing violence against women by offering the Sexual Assault Prevention Education Program (SAPEP). The program includes presentations, workshops and seminars by specialists.