Masturbation in campus restrooms last week goes unsolved

A man was reported masturbating in the men’s restroom of the College of Business Administration building on Sept. 22 in the evening, according to University Police Capt. Scott Brown. The police were contacted immediately, but they were unable to locate him. The suspect was a Hispanic man wearing a brown shirt and jeans.

On Sept. 20 in the evening, a man was seen talking on the phone in the women’s restroom on the second floor of the University Student Union, Brown said. Although the police arrived within a minute of receiving the call, he had already left.

Police arrived at the men’s restroom in the Horn Center after receiving a call about graffiti on September 21 at 12 p.m., according to Brown. When they arrived, the graffiti had already been removed. Random numbers were written all over the wall, but left no permanent damage, police said.

Macbooks stolen from faculty

A professor’s Macbook Pro was stolen between Sept. 20 at 12 p.m. and Sept. 21, Brown said. The professor left the laptop in the Faculty Offices building overnight and when he or she returned nearly 24 hours later, it was missing. The laptop is valued at $2,300.

Another faculty member’s silver Macbook Pro was stolen from the fifth floor of the University Library on Sept. 20 in the morning, Brown said. The owner left the laptop for just a minute to check on something and found the laptop gone when he or she returned.

Owners of Honda Civics are victims of thefts

A student’s parking permit was removed from their car window on Sept. 21 in the morning from Parking Lot 15, Brown said. The car was a Honda Civic and not locked. The student was issued a new permit.

A backpack including the items in it was stolen from a student’s 1998 silver Honda Civic in Parking Structure 1 between 2-5 p.m. on Sept. 21, Brown said.

$3,900 camera stolen during campus event

During a Vietnamese cultural event at the Performing Arts Center on Sept. 18, a photographer left his camera bag with an SLR camera inside it alone between 4:30-8:40 p.m., Brown said. The photographer realized it was missing and contacted the police, but they were unable to find it.

Loud noise disturbs the campus community

Two noise complaints have been made in the last week, according to Brown.

The first occurred Sept. 16 during the evening when a neighbor complained about a large group of dancers being loud in Parking Lot 11A.

On Sept. 19 in the morning, loud drums disturbed a faculty member and other noises coming from the Psychology quad when trying to work in their office nearby, Brown said.