Student Recreation and Wellness Center to undergo aesthetic changes

Correction: The article, “SRWC to undergo aesthetic changes,” says that the graphics on the wall were taken down because they were peeling off the walls. They were taken down because they did not meet the school’s standards, according to ASI Communications Coordinator Christina Esparza. Also, the article states that the design department made the new graphics. They were made by students in ASI Communications. Both mistakes were due to misreporting.

The Student Recreation and Wellness Center is scheduled to be upgraded with new graphics and video monitors by the end of the month after two years of its grand opening.

During the first week of school, the walls of the SRWC had been decorated with graphics of silhouettes performing different fitness tasks. The graphics have since been removed because they did not meet Associated Student Inc. standards, ASI Communications Coordinator Christina Esparza said.

Now, students from ASI Communications are creating new graphics for the SRWC by incorporating photos of students in the graphics, Esparza said.

The new video monitors will cycle advertisements every seven seconds, showing 650,000 ads per day. These monitors will display advertisements for classes at the SRWC, sports teams and intramural sports. They will also showcase notable alumni such as Olympian Misty May-Treanor.

“I think it’s going to increase the overall appearance of the [SRWC] and put more Beach pride in the campus, “Associated Students, Inc. Vice President Jonathon Bolin said.

The changes are funded by approximately $6 million that CSULB has saved in construction costs from the SRWC. The additions will cost $53,000, according to Dave Edwards, director of the University Student Union.

The savings, which resulted from the economic downturn and the SRWC’s costing less than originally projected can only be spent on the SRWC, Edwards said.

The screens and graphics were intended inclusions when the SRWC first opened but were later left out so the facility could open sooner, according to Edwards.

The renovations are being coordinated by the USU Board of Trustees, who approved them in July.

The ASI Senate also approved the renovations last week, voting unanimously in favor of them. The previous week however, the senators voted to postpone the vote on the SRWC project. The reason for this, according to Senator Manuel Nieto, was that the senators did not have all the information on the project, only the cost of it.

“This isn’t about graphics,” ASI President John Haberstroh said in response to the approval of the renovations. “It’s about the relationship between the Senate and the USU [Board of Trustees]. It’s about communication and this is a step in the right direction.”

The changes in the SRWC are expected to be finished by the end of this month.

If you are going for most excellent contents like I do, just pay a quick visit this web page daily since it provides quality
    contents, thanks