Soccer, Sports, Women's Sports, Women's Volleyball

LBSU: Weekend Preview

Women’s Volleyball:

LBSU (4-2) leads the all-time series against Loyola Marymount 18-4, but the Lions won the last matchup 3-1 on Sept. 11, 2014.

Lions’ junior outside hitter Jamie Lea and sophomore libero Sarah Sponcil will lead the Lions on Thursday. Sponcil led the Lions to the NCAA Tournament last season with 272 digs averaging 2.41 per set. This season she is averaging 3.45 in her first five games along with 3.25 kills per set.

Lea is in her first season with the Lions after transferring from Tennessee, in her first five games she is averaging 4.56 kills per set for a total of 82.

Women’s Soccer:

Loyola Marymount (3-2-0) is currently on a three-game winning streak and the 49ers (4-1-1) have won three of their last four games.

A Lion to watch for is senior midfielder Jocelyn Blankenship. She has been a starter since her freshman year and has become a standout player for LMU, leading the team with three goals and has one assist.

USC (2-3-0) leads the all-time series against LBSU 3-1. The last time the 49ers defeated the Trojans was a 2-1 victory at then No. 25 USC in the 2011 season opener.

The Trojans have scored only four goals in their first five games, however they have allowed only four goals themselves. The Trojan backline features the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week Dominique Randle and All-Pac-12 First-Team selection Kayla Mills.